Goliath Black Currant
- <a href="/pollination/"><img src="/product_images/uploaded_images/pollination-product.png"></a>
Ribes nigrum ‘Goliath’
European Blackcurrant ‘Goliath’
This very old variety of black currant produces high quality, large fruit on little trusses that will hold on the plant for some time.
• Pollination Group: self-fertile so other pollinators not needed
• Uses: eating, cooking, preserving, freezing, juicing, cordials, jams, tarts, wines, syrups
• Harvest: December to January
• Features: large fruit, great strong flavour: great source of vitamin C
Reference 1 Gilbert, A. (2011) Berry bounty. Hyland House Publishing, Australia.
Reference 2 University of California (1998) Speciality and minor crops handbook (2nd ed). University of California, USA.
Image generic: Copyright Heritage Fruit Trees www.heritagefruittrees.com.au