Chinese Quince (Pseudocydonia sinensis)
- <a href="/pollination/"><img src="/product_images/uploaded_images/pollination-product.png"></a>
The Chinese Quince (Pseudocydonia sinensis) is used both as an attractive small ornamental tree and for its perfumed and edible fruit. It has attractive pink flowers and yellow to red autumn foliage. Its bark, more obvious in winter, is also attractive.
The large yellow-skinned fruit can be cooked or used whole to decorate and perfume the home.
• Pollination Group: no other pollinators needed although the presence of additional varieties can improve pollination rates
• Uses: cooking especially stewing, jams, syrups
• Harvest: autumn i.e. April
• Features: hardy tree, large fragrant fruit, attractive garden tree
Image: Copyright Heritage Fruit Trees www.heritagefruittrees.com.au