Prunus armeniaca ‘Castlebrite’ or the Castlebrite Apricot is a prolific tree with golden yellow fleshed freestone fruit. The early bright orange sweet fruit when ripe has a red blush on the skin. It originated in California USA. Good for eating, canning, bottling and used for drying, and freezing.
• Pollination Group: self-fertile so no other pollinators needed
• Uses: eating, bottling, canning, preserving, drying, freezing
• Harvest: from early December
• Chill requirement: 500 hours
• Features: early fruit, reliable producer