Greengage (Green Gage) European Plum (dwarf)
- <a href="/pollination/"><img src="/product_images/uploaded_images/pollination-product.png"></a>
Reine Claude is the original name for Greengage which is a very old variety named after the wife of Francois I of France, Queen Claude. It was imported into England by Sir Thomas Gage, hence the name used in Britain and Australia. This is an ideal dessert plum having very juicy, tender sweet flesh with a rich flavour, yellow flesh.
• Pollination Group: cross pollinate with another European plum.
• Uses: eating, drying, jam
• Harvest: mid i.e. late January - mid-February
• Features: Dwarf approx. 50% of standard tree
© Crown Copyright Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.