Early Valley Pomegranate
- <a href="/pollination/"><img src="/product_images/uploaded_images/pollination-product.png"></a>
Pomegranate Early Valley (Punica granatum 'Early Valley') has fruit with a thick skin packed with jelly-coated seeds. The deciduous shrub to small tree is also ornamental with colourful flowers, fruit and autumn foliage, making it an attractive and tough garden or orchard addition.
• Pollination Group: self-fertile, and will benefit with additional Pomegranates growing nearby with an increase in production of up to 30%
• Uses: eating, salads, juice, freezing, fermented cordial (grenadine), decorations, dyeing, tanning leather, medicinal, flavouring for confectionery, ice-cream and jam
• Harvest: February to June
• Chill requirement: low, under 200 hours. Most Pomegranates need no chill hours
• Features: attractive flowers, edible fruit, autumn foliage