Stuff you need to know when ordering
You accept that Australia Post may take longer than normal to deliver parcels due to the pandemic.
You have understood and you accept our standard Terms and Conditions -there is a link at bottom of each page.
Always get a discount
We offer returning customers a 5% discount*, often in addition to other discounts and specials. You need to create an account when completing your first order to be eligible for the discount on future orders. If you check out as a guest our ecommerce system will not remember you!
*shipping/pick-up charges are not discounted.
When will I get my order?
Plant Orders are ONLY shipped or available for collection from mid-July to the end of August/early September each year after dormant trees have been lifted, washed and graded.
Non-plant orders are shipped throughout the year.
How big are HFT's plants?
Tree size is affected by plant species and variety, method of propagation, annual factors including drought, temperature and hours of sunshine, in other words all the things that affect plant growth anywhere, anytime.
- Fruit and most ornamental trees are a minimum of approx. 75cm measured from ground level to tip unless othewise stated. Spring budded trees are a minimum of approx. 45cm, see More about tree size
- Many trees are taller and are cut to size for shipping. They are left uncut for orders being picked up.
- Currants, raspberries, grapevines, pomegranates are approx. a minimum of 30cm tall.
We only send out trees that we think are healthy and capable of growing to the normal size for that particular variety. More about tree size ...
Can I combine several orders before the winter delivery period?
Multiple orders have now closed for 2021
Yes! We are happy to combine all your orders into a single order until we start picking and packing work (we will let you know by email when that happens). This keeps shipping costs down, more about multiple orders
- To minimise postage when checking out select: "POST with my earlier order(s)".
- To combine pick-ups when checking out select: "COLLECT with my earlier order(s)".
Can I cancel an order?
In most cases yes, although there may be some cost, more about order cancellations
But wait, there is more .....
- Order Status - find out how this changes between when your order is placed and when it is shipped.
- Shipping and pick-up charges - yes we have to charge for both SHIPPING and PICK-UP.
- When something goes wrong - please get in touch so we can help.