Emerald Gem Chestnut
- <a href="/pollination/"><img src="/product_images/uploaded_images/pollination-product.png"></a>
Castanea sativa 'Emerald Gem' is a semi-weeping tree with prolific crops of large nuts. Trees can tolerate frost. Store harvested nuts for a few days to dry and relax before eating.
• Pollination Group: need one, preferably two, other varieties nearby for good pollination
• Uses: eating, roasted, cooking, ground for flour
• Harvest: late April when burr-covered fruit falls from the tree
• Features: prolific cropper