We are open for retail orders from early April until the end of August each year.
DELIVERIES AND COLLECTION COMMENCE MID-JULY (as has been our practice for years). It then takes several weeks to process the orders that have accumulated since season opening. By around mid-August we expect new orders to be processed within 5 working days and delivered within 10 days. Orders are shipped via Australia Post.
An email is sent when products are dispatched or become available for collection.
- Plant orders can be collected at our farm nursery by selecting the pick-up option at Check Out.
- Plants are lifted (dug from the ground) when fully dormant, usually from mid-June to early July.
- Purchases are processed in the order in which they were received.
- We send you an email when your order is ready for collection or has been shipped.
- We cannot give delivery dates in advance.
- We can avoid dispatching your order if you email us with the dates you will be away (our last shipping date is 31 August).
- Non-plant products are shipped all year, generally within 10 working days from the date of order.
- Products are only dispatched after payment has been made in full.
- Plants are sent by Australia Post. Please don't send special delivery instructions - your order will be delivered by Australia Post in the same way it would handle any large parcel.
- While dormant bare-root plants can survive in the packaging for many weeks, the sooner they are unpacked and heeled-in* after their arrival the better.
- Plants may be pruned in order to meet the maximum length of 105cm allowed by Australia Post for parcels
- Keep packaged plants out of direct sun.
*roots covered with soil or mulch to keep them moist
Mail Order Range
Our mail order range includes grafted, budded and cutting grown trees, vines and bushes†. Check our FAQs for a fuller description of our fruit trees.
†Figs, blueberries, grapevines and pomegranates are cutting grown, raspberry canes are offsets.
Other Important Information
We accept orders from the ACT, South Australia, Victoria, NSW, Western Australia, Tasmania and Queensland. We can only send Grapevines to Victorian addresses. We cannot send blueberries to WA.
Two or more orders can be combined and shipped together so that the total shipping charge for all of the orders will be the same amount that would have been charged for a single order containing all the items purchased.
Select the Shipping Method option: POST with my earlier order(s) for second and subsequent orders at checkout.
If you plan to pick up multiple orders select the shipping option: COLLECT with my earlier order(s) for second and subsequent orders at checkout. Wait until you have received emails from us that ALL of your orders are AWAITING PICKUP before coming to collect them.
This offer is not available for non-plant orders. That's all there is to it.
* This option is only available until the end of June each year.
Shipping and pick-up charges can be confirmed when checking out before finalising your purchase. Our Shipping Charge includes labour, materials and fees for picking out, final washing, chemical treatment and associated paperwork for WA and Tasmanian orders, trimming if required, tying, bagging, final wrapping and postage. The cost to process additional trees after the first is considerably lower so most of the shipping charge occurs even if a single tree is sent. The cost for each additional tree is much lower. We aim to cover our costs as much as possible with the Shipping Charge.
The Pick-up Charge is for picking out order items, final washing, trimming if required, tying, bagging, setting aside for collection and attending to customers when they arrive to collect orders. The Pick-up Charge is clearly identified in our Shopping Cart with the words "Collect from Heritage Fruit Trees at Beaufort Victoria" and requires selection before completing a purchase.
When you place an order it is given an Order Status. You can see the Order Status of your order(s) by logging in to your account. In most cases when your Order Status changes you will receive an email alerting you to the change.
This is what the different Order Status designations mean:
This means that your order has been accepted and is paid for, but has not been internally processed or picked out.
This means your order is about to be picked out and packed and can no longer be changed or combined with new orders.
Your order is ready for collection on the nominated days. WE WILL SEND AN EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER IS READY with the available pick-up dates.
Some items in your order have been shipped. This occurs when non-plant items such as labels or tools are shipped to you before fruit trees are ready. WE SEND AN EMAIL THE DAY WE SHIP YOUR ORDER.
Your order has been shipped. WE SEND AN EMAIL THE DAY WE SHIP YOUR ORDER.
Your order has been cancelled.