Elephant Heart Japanese Blood Plum (dwarf)
- <a href="/pollination/"><img src="/product_images/uploaded_images/pollination-product.png"></a>
Large, cricket ball-size plums. This variety was developed by Luther Burbank and released in 1929. Sometimes called a “blood plum” because of its dark-red flesh. Fruit is juicy and flavorful – excellent for eating fresh or canning. Tree thrives in arid and semi-arid areas. Freestone.
• Pollination Group: cross pollinate with another Japanese plum, esp. Santa Rosa, Wickson
• Uses: eating, bottling, preserving
• Harvest: Late i.e. March
• Chill requirement: Low - medium
• Features: Dwarf approx. 50% of standard tree