General Orchard Establishment Workshop (full day)
Our most popular workshop is back after a COVID induced break!
This one day workshop is a great introduction to what is required to start and maintain your own orchard especially in a changing and unpredicatable climate.
- soil preparation and planting
- variety selection
- understanding and calculating chill hours
- orchard orientation and layout
- tree spacing and training young trees
- physical protection including netting structures
- pruning equipment for small orchard management
- includes notes, lunch and morning and afternoon tea*
Your instructor will be Rob Pelletier, horticulturist and proprietor of Heritage Fruit Trees.
The day will include tours of the Collections Orchard that contains over 350 varieties of apples, over 40 table grapes, stone fruit and figs, and the Scion Orchard that contains our most popular apples and our pear collection of over 60 varieties.
* Vegan options are not available, food may contain traces of nuts.
Group bookings of 2 or more people receive a discount of $10 per person.
As shown above, please choose one.
Arrive 9:10am for morning tea with a 9:30am commencement