General Orchard Establishment Workshop - postponed
This one day workshop is a great introduction to what is required to start and maintain your own orchard.
- soil preparation and planting
- variety selection
- understanding and calculating chill hours
- orchard orientation and layout
- tree spacing and training young trees
- physical protection including netting structures
- equipment for small orchard management
- includes notes, lunch and morning and afternoon tea
Your instructor will be Rob Pelletier, horticulturist and proprietor of Heritage Fruit Trees.
The day will include equipment inspections, and tours of the Collections Orchard that contains over 350 varieties of apples, over 40 table grapes, stone fruit and figs, and the Scion Orchard that contains our most popular apples and our pear collection of over 60 varieties.
Group bookings of 2 or more people receive a discount of $10 per person.
Saturday April 18th, 2020
Arrive 9:10am for morning tea with a 9:30am commencement