- <a href="/pollination/"><img src="/product_images/uploaded_images/pollination-product.png"></a>
This vigorous growing walnut tree produces good quality walnuts with a medium to thin shell. The kernel inside is a light colour. ‘Franquette’ is an old French variety mainly used to pollinate Chandler and Hartley. It produces leaves late so can avoid frost damage in spring.
• Pollination Group: planting one, preferably 2, other varieties nearby assists pollination; Franquette is mainly used to pollinate Chandler
• Uses: eating, cooking, drying
• Harvest: mid-late season, i.e. April to May
• Features: grafted tree; old French variety, late season