Traditional Cider-making Workshop (2 days) - dates and cost to be confirmed
Traditional cider is made with the purest and simplest of products: 100% real, freshly extracted apple juice and yeast, the latter either wild or cultured. It gives the finest expression of the flavour and identity of the fruit used in a centuries-old process passed down and refined by generations of artisan makers. This two-day workshop goes right to the heart of the traditional cider-maker's craft. Perry-making (often called Pear cider) is included.
Rob Pelletier is joined by master cider maker Michael Henry from central Victorian award winning cidery Henry of Harcourt.
A highlight is Michael's presentation on cider flavours and taste based on a skilful and entertaining walk through Henry of Harcourt’s varietals and blends.
- Cider-making theory and technique
- Choosing suitable cider varieties
- Demonstrations of entry-level professional equipment
- Blending and adjusting cider batches
- A structured tasting of varietal and blended ciders
- A tour of our Collections Orchard with over 350 varieties of apples
- Includes lunch and refreshments both days
Bookings of 2 or more people receive a discount of $25 per person.
- Workshop patrons are eligible for a 10% discount on their tree orders* up to 100 trees during the 2019 season.
- Orders in excess of 100 trees* during the 2019 season qualify for one workshop place free, or credited in full, in addition to any other discounts which may be negotiated.
- A discount code will be emailed to participants after the workshop.
- To claim your discount on earlier purchases Contact us after the workshop
*includes multiple orders; not applicable to sale items or specials or where other discounts have been applied
Arrive 9:10am for morning tea with a 9:30am commencement