Grow and make your own cider - full day
Next date in April 2020, click Notify Me to receive an alert when bookings open.
This workshop will suit those wanting to produce their own cider or improve current practice*.
- the basic theory behind making cider
- the steps required to produce cider including the preparation and processing of fruit, fermentation and bottling
- demonstration of low cost equipment suitable for the beginning cider maker
- demonstration of entry level commercial equipment
- selection of suitable cider varieties will also be discussed
- includes comprehensive beginner's cider-making reference and quick reference cider-making guide
- Lunch and light refreshments provided.
Bookings of 2 or more people receive a discount of $10 per person.
Saturday November 9th, 2019
Arrive 9:10am for morning tea with a 9:30am commencement
*Not intended for experienced cider makers. People wishing to delve more deeply into traditional/craft cider-making are encouraged to consider our 2 day Traditional Cider-making Workshop. Next course autumn 2020, date tbc.